Tuesday 29 March 2011

Back on Track

At last I'm back in the saddle, my computer has been infiltrated with spy ware for the best part of two weeks - luckily it was fixed this morning by a friendly computer genius- so at last I can update my blog with all that I've been getting stuck into whilst its been down


I've really enjoyed quilting my Block Lotto win, I'm still in the process but it's an enjoyable one. I have used such thick wadding that you can really see where you've been - and its gonna be a lovely chunky quilt.

It's taken just ages to put together a quilt for my youngest son but at last we cracked it, at a break-neck speed (if the quilt police are out there - divert their attention QUICK!! - I've cut alot of corners!!) but for good reasons - my boy can't wait forever!!! He's been so patient.
The bit that we're proudest of.... is the Lego pocket..... he was so horrified to see so much of my seagull fabric (MY favourite fabric......ever) that I had to disguise it by a bit of shifty covering up. Jack is the sort of boy that wakes in the morning, reaches for a tiny Lego figure to gaze at over breakfast...one sneaks in his schoolbag....one appears on the dinner table..... and is there at night to squeeze the last bit of playtime out of the day. So I covered the seagull patch with a zip pocket - just to keep that little Lego man safe till morning
The pocket


The finished quilt - made with love for Jack

How come, every time you lay a quilt out for a photo, someone thinks its an opportunity not to be missed???

This is Jack's inspiration for the Quilt - one fat quarter of Union Jack Print - sometimes thats all it takes!!




No comments:

Post a Comment