Friday 28 October 2011

Block Lotto - Liberated Logs!

 These are my October blocks for the Block Lotto. They had to contain blue and cream fabrics . I'm not big on cream, and have limited blues I suppose ..and I had made a promise to myself to just use stuff that I already have in my fabric stash. I have LOADS of fabrics but, each time I came to play the Lotto, I ended up having to buy even more...so now I am working within my limits and joining in when I can.
Anyway, as luck would have it, I remembered some vintage Laura Ashley cream coloured fabric that I have had dark-holed for a while, plus a few blue Laura Ashley scraps that were left from a hexagon project ET VOILA!!
This month's Block Lotto is a corker!! The theme is to use these colours in a sampler way - and create sampler blocks - so that the completed quilt will have a colour theme but a menage of all sorts of block patterns. I have chosen aliberated log cabin type theme. The top left was suppposed to be a blue rose type shape...but it lost its way a bit!! and is now a wonky window.
I would love to win this month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment