Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Drought is Over in Shipley, Derbyshire

Zips, zips and more zips

7 down, 7 to go

each with a different coloured zip, and a different lining...the remit was 'plain' - I'm not that good at 'plain'!!
NO not a real drought...a metaphorical one. Hardly a stitch been sewn in the school holidays. Too much other stuff to do. But, I had a couple of deadlines, that I kept thinking about...but only THINKING about, but at last I knuckled down and rustled up a couple of baby changing mats. I really enjoyed doing them, using some new fabrics from the Festival of Quilts and some old favourites too. Plus, I cracked on with the 14 pencil cases that I needed to complete for Max's class at school - thank goodness it isn't a big class!! I'm N..EA..RLY...there. But it's great to be back in the swing again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie, I've been just the same, I was going to work wonders too!! But alas most of my work still needs to be done :(

    Good work on the pencil cases they look plain enough for me - but in a really good way if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete